Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nectar of the Gods


Wolf Blass Grey Label Shiraz 2005
This wine was a Christmas gift from someone special. As soon as I saw the label, I knew that this was gonna be good, lick your glass clean good. I had good intentions of aging it in our cellar or perhaps saving it for a special occasion....My excuse for savoring it so early is that Life is too short. Hey! I could get hit by a bus or something...:-)
Here we go:
Color: Deep dark ruby
Taste and Bouquet: First note is definitely ripe cherries, plums, blackberry and butter. It reminded Hubby of Figs Newton. I personally also noted a bouquet of dark chocolate and rich vanilla . This wine is full bodied (a meal in a glass), it is smooth with just the right tannins and is slightly acidic.
Pairing: This is a wine best paired with strong meats, such as lamb, bison, AAA Angus beef... This is a winter wine, and worthy of decanting.
It was simply divine, and I am on the hunt for 1 more bottle. This wine can only get better with age.

No comments: