Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rosemary Butter Dinner Rolls



Can you smell that??!! HEAVEN

After rising.





Look at this rosemary! it was so fragrant and fresh!


Restaurant worthy buttered soft little bundles of joy. The secret is in the pan, as in Cast Iron pan.

Buttered Rosemary Rolls
Frozen, unbaked dinner rolls
Melted butter (regular, salted)
Fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
Coarse sea salt
-Coat a medium cast iron skillet with olive oil. Place frozen rolls in the skillet, leaving plenty of room for rising. Cover and allow to rise for several hours. (I heated my oven then turn it off and put the pan with the bread in the oven with a dish cloth on top)
-After rising, brush rolls with melted butter. Sprinkle on chopped rosemary. Brush with additional butter.

-Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. I used grey sea salt, I had it on hand & it's my all time favorite
-Bake according to roll package directions (usually 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes), until rolls are a deep golden brown on top. If you are adventurous and not watching calories, brush some more butter on top... Just for fun!

-Serve skillet on the table and stand back to avoid the tramped.

4 comments:

Amelie said...

I spot a Pioneer Woman recipe! Might need to finally buy an iron skillet so I can make this...

(Btw, hi! Fellow Ottawa Foodie and A-town resident. Just found your blog on OF and catching up...)

The Benny's said...

Hi Amelie! Yes, a definite PW recipe! Don't you just love her? Thank you for your comments. I tried clicking on your profile but it does not seem to work...

Amelie said...

I do! Got her cookbook a few weeks back - fantastic!

Btw, profile should work now.

nooschi said...

Yum....looks awesome. I tried making buns a few months back and totally messed it up. Your post just reminded me to try them again. Thanks!